Friday, March 13, 2009

More Studies...


More diagrams... more studies.... we had the 3rd and final apartment tour tonight, starting with Via Natale della Grande, 51 e 12, and ending with my apartment at Via Carlo de Tavalocci 5. Cooked a delicious bruscetta, for all 23 of us (21 students and Scott and Karen), which was gone in under 60 seconds... many compliments. tomorrow I begin to draw... seriously draw.... its going to be incredible. John and I served bruscetta with vino rosso e bianca, and it was a big hit. Nice dinner afterwards at Via Agostino de Bertani.
Bruscetta:

*Baguette, or other long slender loaf of bread, this time whole wheat.
*slice on a 45 degree angle, 1" thick.
*clove garlic, whole, cut cloves in half, rub onto perimeter of crust. center of bread is too soft to hold the garlic, so it must be rubbed to the crust.
*spread baguette slices on oven pan. Preheat oven to 180 celcius, or 350 farenhiet.
*drizzle olive oil ontop.
*slice pomodoro (tomato) into slices, then halves of slices. Place on Bruscetta. Think presentation, scale, proportion, off-centering slightly...
*Fresh Mozzerela di buffalo. ontop of pomodoro.
*sale del mare. sea salt, corse ground. pinch and sprinkle.
*pepe nero. Black pepper.
*Rosemary.
*finish with one olive per bruscetta. place in oven.
Presentation... always.
*5-8 minutes, depending on desired texture.
serve on small plates to il gruppo, 5 per plate.

Eat It Up Baby!



3 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!!! I am so loving reading about all you are doing!! Keep up the AWESOME work!! It was great talking to you tonight too!!! Olivia says, " I miss Allen".. It was SOO sweet!!! I told her you were doing great things very far away & she said" When he gets home, he will come see me".. TOO Cute!!!1
    Love you!! Miss you too!!!
    Much love!!! Timberly, Dad & Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allen, words can not begin to express how proud of you I am son!! You're writing is incredible!! It was so great to talk to you tonight and like I said, I think about you every day. I don't know how many times I have picked up the phone to call before I remembered where you are. Take it all in and it appears that you are. When you get home you have to cook us a great Italian dinner!!! When I was seventeen I flew to Athens Greece and stayed about 3 days and then took a ship to Brindisi Italy. The summer I spent in Europe was an experience for my life that I will never forget!! Take care son and we love you and are very proud of you!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen, I sure wish I was there with you. Looks like you are already having fun. I hate we weren't able to connect before you left. We'll have to catch up when you get back to the States. Take care, and I'm praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete